Are you having issues with your Windows Phone?… Is your phone infected with viruses causing it to lag? All You need to do is to reset your phone for it to work better than the current stage. You can reset your phone if you want to pass the phone out to another person who you don’t want to share your Medias (Videos, Pictures, Audio files, Documents e.t.c.)
Resetting your Windows Phone will return it to the same state it was in the first time you turned it on.
Note: All your personal content will be erased, and the phone will be restored to its factory settings.
If you decide to reset your phone, you can back up apps, text messages, photos, and more to your Microsoft account in the cloud beforehand. Here is a guide on How to reset a functioning Phone and How to reset an unresponsive Phone.
To reset your Windows phone
- In the App list, tap Settings
Tap About, and then tap Reset your phone.
3. You’ll receive two warnings. If you’re absolutely sure you want to restore your phone to its factory settings, tap Yes, and then tap Yes again.
It might take a little while for the process to complete.
To reset an unresponsive phone
If your phone is unresponsive and you can’t reach Settings . you may be able to reset your phone using the hardware buttons. On Lumia phones (and some others), do the following to reset your phone:
- Press and hold the Volume down and Power buttons at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 10-15 seconds).
- When you feel the vibration, release the buttons, and then immediately press and hold the Volume down
button until you see a large exclamation mark.
- Once the exclamation mark appears, press the following four buttons in this order: Volume up , Volume down , Power , Volume down.Your phone should now reset and restart itself. (It might take a while for the reset to finish.).